Tuesday, December 21, 2010

For Eternity

I am, in a sense, like Mozart... I am always broke like he was... "money just slips through his hands," like mine. In Paris, we ate well the first week or so, then we survived the rest of the month on student meal tickets. So, needless to say, I did appreciate the tremendous gift Maryse gave me... A silver sterling bracelet on which she had my name engraved on the outer surface...
Silver Sterling
... and her name initials engraved on the inner side. The year was 1965, when we were really really really together a lot.
MB 1965
You can guess that M stands for Maryse. Her maiden name started with a B.
For reciprocity, it took me quite a while (Of course it had to wait until the first days of the month) to find her what I knew she would love: a mouse in tutu. I love that mouse... and Maryse loved it even more. It was her most prized possession that she vowed to keep for eternity... And here they are together to this day:
Dancing With Love

No comments:

Post a Comment